WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
FOR TENANTS BY TENANTS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
 
Daylight Saving Time

  Website Home Games ForumHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)AwardsRatings  
Almond Housing Association Tenants forumAlmond Housing Association Tenants forum ArchiveAlmond Housing Association Tenants forum Archive › Draft Minutes of West Lothian Association of Community Councils Saturday, December 20, 2008
  facebook twitter bebo find us on facebook
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
Draft Minutes of West Lothian Association of Community Councils Saturday, December 20, 2008
Read 6284 times

Forum Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
*****
Posts: 287
Age: 38
Gender: male
Awards: 3
Best ContentTop PosterGold Star

Livingston, Scotland
I love Forum`s


   
     
 
Draft Minutes of West Lothian Association of Community Councils Saturday, December 20, 2008
23.04.2009 at 00:41:32
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
From: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Draft Minutes of West Lothian Association of Community Councils
Saturday, December 20, 2008
West Lothian Association of Community Councils
AGM
Thursday 20th November 2008



IN ATTENDANCE:- APOLOGIES FROM:-

R. MacLEOD, Bathgate C.C. A. MUIR
H. HINTON, Uphall C.C. E. HANDS, Armadale
J. RICHARDSON, Uphall C.C.
A. SMART, Armadale C.C.
J. CLARKSON, Stoneyburn C.C.
I. BECK, Torphichen C.C.
A. HEGGIE, Craigshill, Livingston C.C.
H. GIBB, Dechmont C.C.
R. LEVER, Dedridge C.C.
C. STEELE, Blackridge C.C.
B. WHALLEY, Blackridge C.C.


MINUTES OF LAST AGM – 15th OCTOBER 2007


CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

The Chairman, Mr. Ronald McLeod, intimated 2007 – 2008 had been an interesting year, with current interest focused on the new Forth Bridge project.

Mr. McLeod also commented upon the good turnout by the Community Councils for the AGM Meeting.


TREASURER’S REPORT

a) The Treasurer, Mrs. Halina Hinton, advised the meeting that a problem exists with the Final Accounts for the period from 18/09/2007 to 15/09/2008.

The Auditors are unable to complete; due to Float Receipts from the Secretary’s Fund being missing. In the Amount of £78.66. The Receipts have been requested, however to date, no response.

C. Steele, Blackridge C.C. highlighted concern that without Final Accounts being audited, thus would result in delay of Grant.

ACTION:- TO FOLLOW UP WITH SECRETARY
TO ENABLE ACCOUNTS TO BE AUDITED FOR NEXT MEETING
Question: Helen Gibb, Dechmont C.C. asked
“How long can the Association continue to carry a financial deficit?”

Answer: The Treasurer, Halina Hinton advised that the deficit was due to the website. Originally when the website was established 4 years ago W.L. Council assisted with costs, but now the Association has to finance.

Phase 2 of the website upgrade will not be sponsored by W.L. Council and the Association has to foot the Bill:

– Being 60% balance of invoice £1200 plus domain of £140.99.

A few comments were put forward regarding the webpage update:-

e.g. No difference.
What has been upgraded?
What are the benefits?
How many hits?

ACTION Correspondence – letter to be forwarded enquiring:-
a) What has been upgraded and costs involved?
b) How many hits on website to justify the £1340 invoice?

FOR DISCUSSION AT NEXT MEETING

Halina Hilton, Uphall C.C. advised the meeting that she has had enquiries from the website.

John Richardson, Uphall C.C. commented that the Community Councils Association has to develop, look forward and progress, so Chambers will be filled in 5 years time. The website being an important part of this process.

Question: Clark Steele, Blackridge C.C. – meeting has digressed from Treasurer’s Report and asked
The Secretary Remuneration on Treasurer’s Report – what is provided to the Association for this remuneration?

Answer: Ronald McLeod, Chairman advised, no-one would accept the Secretary position and Debbie stepped in 3 years ago providing Administration support to the Association based on £50.00 per meeting approximately.

Question: Helen Gibb, Dechmont C.C. enquired about
Interest on Association Account as detailed in the Treasurer’s Report.

Answer: Ronald McLeod and Halina Hinton responded by saying
“Its a Treasurer’s Account with RBS which pays interest - £40.03 as detailed in Report.”

Question: Clark Steele, Blackridge C.C. enquired
if Auditors fees in Treasurer’s Report applied to accounts currently awaiting clearance.
Answer: Halina Hinton, Treasurer advised Auditors fees were for last years audited accounts.

The current years Auditors are completing the audit free of charge for the Association.

Treasurer’s Report – Accounts accepted by Association – R. McLeod.



ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS

Helen Gibb, Dechmont C.C. was disappointed to note, that no representatives of West Lothian Council were in attendance at the AGM for Election of Office Bearers.

However, Ms. Gibb advised, Lorraine (WLC) currently on sick leave, and the lack of an apology being very unusual (all members attending agreed), was likely an oversight in this instance.

Clark Steele, Blackridge C.C. asked if current Office Bearers were prepared to accept re-election, thus another meeting would not be required.

John Richardson referred to the Constitution and advised the meeting, that a member of WLC does not need to be present to appoint Office Bearers. A WLC representative is usually invited to attend out of courtesy.

Chairman, R. McLeod agreed to continue with the election, with proviso to discuss with Lorraine (WLC), that the election of Office Bearers at current meeting was acceptable.

Clarke Steele, Blackridge C.C. proposed that the election of Office Bearers continue at the current meeting. Seconded by Robin Levers, Dedridge C.C. Attendees agreed to go ahead.

C. Steele accepted Chair for Election of Office Bearers.


CHAIRMAN - RONNIE McLEOD
Proposed by H. Gibb - Seconded by J. Richardson.
Ronnie McLeod accepted position.

VICE-CHAIRMAN - JOHN RICHARDSON
Proposed by Ian Beck - Seconded by A. Smart.
John Richardson accepted position.

TREASURER - HALINA HINTON
Proposed by H. Gibb - Seconded by Ian Beck.
Halina Hinton accepted position.

SECRETARY - DEBBIE HALLORAN
Proposed by Ronald McLeod - Seconded by Halina Hinton.
Debbie accepted position.

 
 
  

Yes I Am The Administrator.
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
  WWW xnoddyx1 xn0ddyx
IP Logged    
 
     
Advertisement

Forum Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
*****
Posts: 287
Age: 38
Gender: male
Awards: 3
Best ContentTop PosterGold Star

Livingston, Scotland
I love Forum`s


   
     
 
Re: Draft Minutes of West Lothian Association of Community Councils Saturday, December 20, 2008
Reply #1 - 23.04.2009 at 00:42:48
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS

R. Lever, Dedridge C.C. enquired
As to recruitment of Members to the Committee.

J. Richardson responded not everyone can attend every meeting and for that reason the original concept of four Office Bearers and four other Members was reduced. This was detailed in the minutes of the meeting when decision taken.

The Committee is now made up of 4 Office Bearers above plus 2 others, ELIZABETH HANDS and JEAN FLYNN.

It was proposed by Ronald McLeod to retain E. Hands and Jean Flynn to the Executive Committee - Seconded by John Richardson.

The Executive Committee have 8 meetings a year to discuss items, which are then brought to the open meetings, for general discussion.

Minutes of previous Executive Meetings are held over for approval at next Executive Meeting.



ISSUES ARISING FROM MINUTES

a) Restructuring Local Government Office Wards

J. Richardson advised he was asked to join the Group with regard to the above, the first meeting discussing Wards and Boundaries, as over-lapping had arisen due to the restructure.


b) Land Securities

A meeting was held in Stoneyburn with Neil Corran of Land Securities. Various attendees including MSPs and MPs were involved, however, the consensus being that Neil Corran was out of his depth with no authority to answer questions. The Minutes of this Meeting can be found on website.


c) Proposed Changes to Constitution Standing Orders

ACTION Debbie to contact Lorraine (WLC) to request a copy of the Standing Orders.

REVIEW AT NEXT MEETING

d) Website

J. Clarkson highlighted the amount of junk mail that was on the website.

J. Richardson advised that Debbie, Halina and himself had reviewed the website back in February and suggested the following changes:

- WLCC Association Logo enlarged.
- Map area covered by Association.
- List of current Members, with contact details.
- Photograph of Chair.
- Aims and Objectives detailed, to encourage new Members.
- List of Meetings, dates and locations.
- Issues dealt with – explained.
- Local Community Council News – Regular Submissions from Community
Councils.
- Youth Section.
- Local Newsletter.
- Gallery – Pictures, old and new.
- Feedback Form.

The website is large enough to cope with foregoing and feedback received enables the Association to monitor effectiveness of the website.



CORRESPONDENCE

a) Letter from Karen Cawre – County Planning Partnership.
Inviting Groups and Agencies to discuss the long-term strategy for 20/20 for West Lothian.

ACTION Ask K. Cawre to attend next meeting to discuss.

b) Letter from Council Public/Private Partnership.
Advising Joint Meeting for new schools in Armadale and Deans.

c) Various other correspondence covered – with no comments recorded.



ANY OTHER BUSINESS

C. Steele, Blackridge C.C.
B. Whalley, Blackridge C.C.

a) The above both highlighted lack of confidence in WLC Planning/Housing Departments, with regards to 8 houses being built for the elderly in Blackridge.

The original plan included a corridor to connect the houses with the Community Area; a compromise of a halfway corridor was agreed with builder’s Harte’s and WLC Planning/Housing Departments.

In July 2005, at a Planning Meeting, the agreed corridor was removed from the plans. Blackridge C.C. was not advised of these changes; reason given “as this was a non material alteration, Blackridge C.C. did not need to be involved.”

Blackridge C.C. feels that this action was deceitful and as a matter of courtesy, should have been advised of the alteration to the plans.

C. Steele - Proposal for Association to send a letter to highlight the Vote of No Confidence in Planning/Housing Departments.

ACTION Letter to be sent to Alex Linkston and Peter Johnstone highlighting
above, to request review and comments.

R. Lever - Proposed vote of no confidence in Politicians involved.

J. Clarkson - Highlighted an Almond Housing Development being proposed for Special Needs in Stoneyburn and following Blackridge’s C.C. situation will keep a close eye on the situation.

b) C. Steele asked “if anyone had attended the Launch at Oatridge re funding; which affects all Community Councils in West Lothian?”

Ian Beck had attended and advised that 50% grants are to be made available – priority being young people and Woman’s Groups (question asked “Is this Discrimination?”).

c) H. Gibb asked “if anyone was attending the Scottish Association Conference being held on Saturday, 22nd November 2008?”

H. Hinton advised that 5 people were attending from Uphall Community Council.

d) C. Steele highlighted an application that has been submitted for a wind farm to be erected on the west side of Blackridge, which includes 7 masts.



OUTSTANDING ISSUES

a) Police – cold calling.

Uphall Community Council are now 99% there. They have secured funding from the Local Councillors Disbursement Fund.

b) Asbestos – no further comments.

c) Common Ground – no further comments.


d) Bus Service

Helen Gibb highlighted that the no. 16 bus had been re-instated and that it was just a pity that it trundles through Livingston Bus Station.
 
 
  

Yes I Am The Administrator.
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
  WWW xnoddyx1 xn0ddyx
IP Logged    
 
     

Forum Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
*****
Posts: 287
Age: 38
Gender: male
Awards: 3
Best ContentTop PosterGold Star

Livingston, Scotland
I love Forum`s


   
     
 
Re: Draft Minutes of West Lothian Association of Community Councils Saturday, December 20, 2008
Reply #2 - 23.04.2009 at 00:43:35
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
B. Whalley highlighted that there is only one bus running to Edinburgh from Blackridge in the morning.

ACTION For Agenda – invite First Bus to meeting to discuss services.

e) Development Areas

C. Steele asked “What constitutes a Core Development Area?”

John Richardson advised that the Scottish Government sets area based on specific criteria and incentives are provided, based on their decision.

f) New Forth Bridge Route

J. Richardson advised that the new bridge proposal was suspended as the estimates were based on 1995 figures with a deficit of around 3 billion.

They are having to go back to the Drawing Board with the Tunnel looking to be the favoured option.

However, John Richardson advised that the money to finance the project was dwindling away.



Chairman, Mr. Ronald McLeod closed the meeting.



Date of Next Meeting: 22nd January 2009
 
 
  

Yes I Am The Administrator.
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
  WWW xnoddyx1 xn0ddyx
IP Logged    
 
     
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  

Link to This Topic